Southeast Wood County RECYCLES!
Questions should be directed to the Wood County Solid Waste District .
Please help make recycling happen by preparing and sorting your recyclable materials as requested on this page. Careful preparation and separation of recyclables is important because manufacturers require clean and contaminant-free materials to make new products.
11101 Pemberville Rd.
Please, No Trash. Do not leave items at the recycling site when it is closed or unattended. Bring recyclables to the site only during the posted and attended hours. Please have recyclable items separated into their proper categories.
We appreciate your cooperation!
How To Prepare & Separate Your Recyclables
ALUMINUM BEVERAGE CANS
Recycle separately from Steel Cans.
Cans may be flattened to save space.
Aluminum Beverage Cans only
No scrap aluminum No aluminum castings (these can jam our equipment)
- Hardcover Textbooks
- Softcover Textbooks
Please, No Spiral Bound, Wirebound.
GLASS BOTTLES AND JARS
- Throw away caps and lids.
- Rinse clean.
- To protect your eyes, look away as you place glass in our container.
No Pyrex, No heat resistant glass, No ceramic, No china, No light bulbs, and No mirrors.
- Plastic BOTTLES only.( threaded top smaller than body)
- Drain and Rinse
No butter tubs etc. BOTTLES ONLY
- BOXES SHOULD BE FLATTENED.
- You may place flattened boxes in larger boxes for easy handling.
No foam, No peanuts, No packing material, and No wax-coated cartons or boxes (e.g. milk, juice)
- white & colored paper
- envelopes (windows are OK)
- file folders,
- carbonless forms
- index cards.
- Labels, stamps and sticky notes are OK.
- Put shredded office paper in plastic bags.
Please,No metal No "spirals" or other bindings No glossy paper No tissue, waxed or wrapping paper and No paper towels
Magazines and Catalogs
- Must be printed on glossy paper.
- Staples do not need to be removed.
- Remove from boxes or bags and place loose magazines into container provided.
Please, No Newspaper Inserts, No loose sheets, No junk mail, No plastic wrappers, No product samples, and No non-shiny covers or pages.
- Newspaper Inserts and ads
- Phone Books
Tear phone books into sections one inch or thinner
No wet newspaper, No plastic bags and No bundles tied with string.
- Food Cans
- EMPTY Aerosol Cans
- Rinse clean.Place loose lids in cans and pinch ends closed to keep lid inside and to prevent cuts.
Recycle Aluminum Beverage Cans separately
Please, No coat hangers, No wires and No scrap steel